Thursday, July 19, 2012

Swirly Thoughts


"I feel like I need an outlet. There are things on my mind. But I don't know what to say," I told my husband recently. "My thoughts are just too...swirly!"

I'm six weeks into being a mom of three. I've definitely gotten my energy back (for the most part). I've been able to get our home back in some semblance of order. Starting to get routines figured out. These are good things!

But what direction is this blog taking? I don't know. I feel the need to spend some time in prayer and hearing from the Lord what He will have me do here. I never wanted to simply have content. Just to post consistently...though that would be nice. It would keep me from "falling off the map" I guess. I also never intended for this blog to really be about me, which, having looked back over some of the more recent posts, seems to be the direction I've been taking.

Also? Aside from blogging, I need to get back into the habit of being in the Word. That's probably why I'm coming up blank here. How can I encourage anyone if I'm on empty? How can I even care if I'm so out of touch from His perspective?

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:5

So, that's where I'm at for the moment. Waiting. I so desperately want to get back into blogging, but I need Him to bring some order to these thoughts that are swirling around.

Pray for me?

What has been on hold in your life lately?