Monday, October 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday







This week, I'm trying to do some easier meals since I'll be gearing up for my daughter's birthday party on Saturday.  And of course (until further notice, that is) all our meals are allergen-free.  

Monday: Turkey Burgers and French Fries- I take two pounds of ground turkey, season with salt and pepper, add in some good mustard (at In & Out Burger, they cook the patties w/mustard when you request "animal style", by the way). Then I form the patties, and cook in a pan w/olive oil.  I just eat the patty served w/lettuce and tomato (maybe a little bacon).  My husband and son can eat it with the bun.  The French Fries will just be from the freezer.  (Keeping it simple as much as possible this week!)

Tuesday: Today I am cooking a batch of chicken stock (Nourishing Traditions recipe as featured in The Makers Diet), only because I'm out, and I don't want to buy it at the store (that's how much I love the home made stuff).  

              Chicken Tacos: Made with the chicken leftover from the chicken stock.  I make my own taco shells using corn tortillas and coconut oil. I cook them just until they are goldenServed with Mexican rice. 

WednesdayWhite Bean and Chicken Chili- I usually don't cook on church days (Sunday and Wednesday) but this will be a slow cooker meal.  This recipe is sooo good.  

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday: Pasta Seashell Casserole- I use a pound of ground turkey and brown it with half an onion, diced, and three cloves of garlic, minced.  I mix it with 8 oz of cooked sea shell pasta (I use rice pasta- which by the way is really good...I can't really tell much of a difference between it and regular pasta) and a jar of store bought spaghetti sauce. 

Saturday: Not planning to cook.  We will probably have birthday party leftovers.    

Sunday:  Ditto, though I'm sure we'll have something on hand! 


For more great menu planning ideas, visit orgjunkie.com!