Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spreading the Word: Bloggers for Birth Kits

The Mommyhood Memos Bloggers for Birth Kits
If you've ever carried a child in your womb, you know what a scary, exciting time that can be. I think it's pretty safe to assume that if you're reading this, you live in a developed nation. That pretty much guarantees (with a few exceptions) that you have access to an ideal birthing environment, whether your choice is to give birth at home, in a birth center or at a hospital.

Well, when I heard about Bloggers for Birth Kits happening over at The Mommyhood Memos, I knew I had to show some support! I am passionate about birth, and it's especially on my mind this month, since in just over a week I will be celebrating four years since giving birth to my precious little P (hopefully I will get around to sharing his birth story in the very near future)!

I feel in the United States, we have our own "birthing issues" that need to be addressed, but it's really nothing like the expectant mamas in places like Papua New Guinea experience.

Bloggers for Birth Kits is an effort to help moms in developing nations prevent childbirth-related complications and death. For just a couple of dollars, we can help support this vision. I encourage you to click over to The Mommyhood Memos to read about this and how it is really growing and impacting the lives of moms in places like Papua New Guinea. If you can't support financially, maybe you can blog about it or share on Facebook to get the word out!